CBD Clinics Australia Pty Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “CCA”) knows how much importance you attach to the protection of your privacy. We take the task of protecting your personal information very seriously.
We collect and use personal information only to the extent permitted by law, particularly by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
2. Personal Information
CCA collects, uses, discloses and stores personal information, including health information, about its customers.
Health information is any personal information about your health or disability. It includes information or opinion about your illness, injury or disability. Some examples of health information include:
- notes of your symptoms or diagnosis
- information about a health service you’ve had or will receive
- specialist reports and test results
- prescriptions and other pharmaceutical purchases
- your wishes about future health services
- appointment and billing details
Information which cannot be reasonably linked to your identity does not constitute personal information and is not regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
3. Collection of information
The personal information which CCA collects from you may vary depending on how you interact with CCA but will be limited to the information necessary to record and manage our interaction with you or as permitted or required by law.
Personal information may be collected by us when you make an enquiry either by using the ‘Contact us’ form on the CCA Website or by telephone.
If you make an enquiry, personal information that may be collected about you includes:
- your name and contact details (e.g. address, telephone number, business and professional details (if applicable) etc.);
- the nature of your enquiry; and
- other details about you that might be relevant, such as your age or gender,
so that we can respond to your enquiry or provide you with further information.
If you contact us by telephone, this information may be collected by CCA as a recorded voice message where our staff are temporarily unavailable to answer a call and you choose to leave a voice message.
We will only collect personal information that you provide us and you are free to decide whether or not to supply this information.
Setting up and using an Account
Personal information may be collected by us when:
- you set up an Account on the CCA Website so that you can, among other things, contact one of our medical professionals for a telehealth consultation;
- you use your Account on the CCA Website to:
- contact one of our medical professionals for a telehealth consultation;
- contact a representative of CCA to schedule a telehealth consultation or ask any questions;
- make payment for a telehealth consultation; and
- place an order for one or more CCA products (if applicable).
When you set up an Account, CCA will collect the following identification information about you:
- your name;
- your age;
- your State or Territory of residence;
- your contact phone number, email address and/or postal address; and
- details of your next of kin.
Through your interactions with CCA, we will also collect information from you for billing and administration purposes. This may include:
- information about the date, time and number of telehealth consultations you attend with a CCA medical professional;
- information about any prescriptions issued to you by a CCA medical professional and any products purchased by you from CCA; and
- your preferred billing details.
CCA medical professionals will collect medical information during their consultations with you. This may include information about your current and previous health diagnoses and symptoms, your current and previous medication which is not supplied by CCA, specialist reports and test report and information about other health services you have received or are receiving.
You are entirely free to decide whether or not to supply this information. However, please note that if you choose not to provide us with your personal information when required, CCA may not be able to connect you with an appropriate medical professional or provide its services to you.
4. Use of information
CCA will use all personal information for the primary purposes for which it is collected or for related purposes as permitted by law including the following purposes, where applicable:
- to provide you with medical care and services;
- to communicate with you about your Account, including to plan and facilitate telehealth consultations with CCA medical professionals and obtain your feedback about such consultations;
- record keeping and administrative purposes;
- maintaining a record of enquiries and to monitor, assess and improve the accessibility of, or information provided on, the Website;
- to provide further educational information regarding CCA’s products and services, medicinal cannabis or other information that you have requested; and
- to notify you of matters that we are required by law to notify you of.
For one or more of the above purposes, CCA may disclose your information to:
- its employees and/or independent contractors, including CCA medical professionals;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including, for example, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators; and
- as required by law.
We will ordinarily store your health information for at least 7 years from the last occasion on which we provide a health service to you.
5. Cookies and other information
Each time you visit the CCA Website, our servers automatically save the name of your browser and operating system, your IP address, your Internet Service Provider, the App from which you accessed the Website and the date and time you spend on the CCA Website. CCA’s servers save this information for security purposes.
CCA will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you provide to us including through this Website. The security measures which CCA will use to protect your information include:
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure therefore we do not give absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
If you choose to provide your personal information to us via this Website, your personal information will be stored in Australia.
7. Access, Correction and Deletion rights
You are entitled to request access to your personal information held by CCA and to correct your personal information if you believe it to be out of date or incorrect. To do this, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to stop receiving any communications from us, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to cease sending such communications to you as soon as possible.
Personal information that is obsolete and no longer required will automatically be destroyed except where we are required to keep it by law.
8. Making a complaint
If you have any concerns about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed, and you wish to make a complaint about a possible breach of privacy laws, you can contact us at email@example.com
We will investigate your concerns and take any necessary steps to resolve your complaint. We may need to contact you if we need further information to investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of the investigation as soon as it is completed. We will endeavor to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you can contact us again to discuss your concerns, or you may complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via
Third party information which may be accessed via hyperlinks from the CCA Website may gather and store personal information. We do not accept any liability for those third party operators in the event that your personal information is collected, used, disclosed or shared by them. We encourage you to read their privacy policies separately.